- Many colleges require mid-year high school grade reports, a teacher recommendation letter, an official SAT/ACT report, etc. Keep abreast of these various documents. You may need to do some careful prodding of others to make sure your application is complete and moves forward.
- Continue to work hard in your classes. Senior year grades do count! Avoid that senior slide as much as possible and stay committed.
- Make sure the appropriate financial aid forms are being completed by your family on a timely basis, noting each school’s deadline.
- Research and apply for local scholarships.
- Keep colleges informed of any changes in your personal situation. For example: Has there been a significant financial change in your circumstances? Did you win a major award or championship?
- Relax and enjoy your last year of high school. You have worked hard, and it is now time to cherish this remaining time with your friends.
Good luck from Mears College Consulting LLC!